Friday, April 21, 2006

Earth has one angel less and heaven one more since yesterday.                    

 Nathaniel Hawthorne

R passed away Tuesday night around 9:30. I was able to be with her at the end. Her three to six months turned into a month. I will miss her for a very long time. I've never known anyone quite like her. R is not someone that you just "meet", she was someone that you experienced. Knowing her was a gift. Taking care of her was my pleasure. Remembering her and honoring her memory will be my gift back to her.

I'm so grateful that her suffering is over. I love to think of her now being in a perfect healthy new body. I imagine that by now she's turned heaven's daily routine upside down and they're wondering what has hit them. Things won't ever be quite the same there, I know they won't ever be quite the same here. I asked her to put in a good word for me when she got there. In typical R style she told me she would think about it. Gosh, I miss her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know her, but from your vivid descriptions, I miss her too...I miss having known her.

XO

J