Thursday, October 20, 2005

I DIDN'T WIN POWERBALL

Well, I didn't win the  Powerball drawing last night. I guess all my plans are off. All the wonderful  charitable things I was planning to do will have to wait. But gosh, isn't it fun to "plan" what you'd do with the money! It was fun while it lasted.

Tonight is the night of my sons date. Somehow I think I'm way more excited about it than he is. He's such a good guy. Good looking, hard working, sweet, sweet guy. He had a girlfriend all through high school and since her he's just dated around. No one serious. That's fine. It's not like I'm trying to pawn him off on anyone. I just can see a lonliness in him that I don't think he even recognizes. He needs a someone special. He's such a sweetheart and girls are always hitting on him, but he's just not been interested in a serious relationship. I kind of think he's ready now. All of his friends are getting married and that's changed his lifestyle. His best buddies have wives now that are taking up a lot of their "guy" time. I think he's bored. This girl he's going out with tonight is so pretty and sweet. She is kind of in the same place as he is. All of her friends have gotten married and she's kind of at loose ends too. I'm crossing my fingers that some major chemistry develops tonight. She is exactly the kind of girl I've been praying for him to meet. What I'd give to be a little fly on the wall tonight.

No comments: