Friday, December 2, 2005

Happy Birthday Emily,

Twenty four years ago this  very morning you were placed in my arms for the very first time and you moved straight into my heart. The spot that you occupied there has always been yours and always will be. I watched in awe as you grew into a fiercely independent little girl with big dreams and the vision and fortitude to make them happen. You were never afraid to say exactly what was on your mind and go after whatever you set your sights on with a dogged determination and "can do" attitude that often made me wonder how any of my DNA could have anything whatsoever to do  with you being born. Contrary to what you think, it is one  of the things I love and admire most about you.

I think it will not be until or unless you have a daughter of your own that you could ever understand the depth of my love for you. I love you unconditionally and I miss you with a longing that I cannot even begin to describe with mere words.

Happy Birthday, my dear Emily, may your day be filled with love and all things good.

Love,

Mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!....no words of expression could be more eloquently spoken.....

"Hey Bartenter..drop a quarter in slot D-7.."   ..(song that plays) "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker

......."you're everything I hoped for
       you're everything I dreamed
       You are so beautiful to me."

May this song play on and on  in your heart, with each year that flies by!

Marc :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, be sure to pass a Birthday Greeting on to Emily for ol' Stupid here, ok?


Waah, I was 24 21 years ago. When did that time go?


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT birthday greeting!  She's got to love it.

:)

Judi
http://emmapeeldallas.blogspot.com