Friday, December 16, 2005

I had no idea!!!

Mother's Day before last, my son, Patrick gave me a gift certificate for a hot stone massage. I was thrilled. I've never had a massage before and had always thought it would be wonderful to have one.

I have saved that certificate for "someday". You know how when you have something  very special and you don't want to use it up. You know that once you've used it, it's just gone and you don't want that to happen. Well, that's how I have been with this gift certificate. It was comforting  just to know that I had it. It was mine, kind of like my ace in the hole. I loved having  the potential to get a massage. I'm weird like that I guess.

Well, he's been asking me when I was going to use it. I kept saying the same thing over and over..."I don't want to use it up." To which he would reply, "I'll get you another one."  Well, the stress in my life finally got the best of me and I decided that it was time to use my certificate.

His best friend Todd's wife is the  massage therapist. She is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met in my life. When this girl hugs you, you can feel her soul in her hug. She's very "other worldish" if that makes any sense. I love Jenny. In fact I've often wished that she had a twin sister for Patrick (not necessary now, the Amber-Patrick thing is going wonderfully). Anyway, I just got back from my hot stone massage at Jenny's.

It was the most wonderful thing I've ever done. I know that sounds like an exaggeration. Trust me, it's not. She has this wonderful table with the most luxurious flannel sheets. There was soft music  playing in the background, very calming flute music. The room smelled like what I imagine heaven must smell like, I can't name it, but it was divine.  I undressed and got on the table and it was the beginning of the most wonderful hour of my entire life. I didn't know that something could feel that good. I didn't know that one could be pampered quite like that. Why in the world didn't I do this before?

If you've never done this, do yourself a favor and book one for yourself. If you need a gift idea, this is the perfect gift for anyone! Oh, and if you happen to give one to someone  like me. Don't let them put it on a shelf and save it! Book the appointment for them.

No comments: