Sunday, December 4, 2005

Who dey?

I don't think I've talked about my beloved Bengals here. I have been a huge Bengals fan for years and years. I was a Bengals fan when it wasn't cool to be a Bengals fan. I used to dress my kids up in Bengals "stuff" on Sundays when they were losing every game. I stuck with them through allll the lean years. I declined every Sunday afternoon invitation during football season. I sat and cheered and cried and "waited till next week" for many many years. I called sports radio shows and defended them when no one else did. I was ridiculed and laughed at with abandon. But I stood strong and kept the faith.

This year, (Thank you Marvin, Carson, Chad, Rudy, and TJ) my boys are back!! We're playing Pittsburgh today. Good game going on right now, no, GREAT game going on right now. And wouldn't ya know, I have to leave in 15 minutes for work. I swear, sometimes life just ain't one bit fair.

So, would someone please watch this game for me and cheer them on in my absence. I'm hoping to find an empty room at work and turn on the game, but that's not bloody likely.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't ya hate when that happens? I was so addicted to the Flyers that I literally used to plan my whole day around their games! Luckily I've always been self-employed in some shape or form, so that was never a problem.

My sister re-invests her hopes every year in the Philadelphia Eagles. They always choke up and let her down. She cries for weeks afterwards.

I'm glad I'm no longer addicted to a bunch of men swinging hockey pucks and taking shots at each other...Remember the Broad Street Bullies? That was my team:)

MAryanne

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo, they WON!  My future son-in-law is a Bengals fan.  I was a die-hard Cowboys fan in the days of the triplets (Troy, Emmitt & Michael).  I was also a cubscout co-leader in those days, and I once re-scheduled half a year's worth of scout meetings to accomodate the game schedule, hehehe!

Judi

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Bengals just needed you to write about them more! They're on a roll, and I'm sorry you didn't get to see the game the way you'd like to!

Jimmy