Sunday, January 8, 2006

Bengals and one other thing

We're huge Bengals fans. I don't mean just "jump on the band wagon when they're winning" fans, I mean sit and watch them lose game after game, season after season and still believe kind of fans. We've been waiting for a season like this years season for a long time. It's been a blast. My daughter Sarah's house has been BENGALS CENTRAL all season. I thought I was the biggest Bengals fan, but it turns out my son-in-law Bennie might truly have that honor. The guy just lives for Sundays. We made the playoffs this year thanks to Marvin Lewis, Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson and company. It's been a wild ride and a lot of  fun. Sarah and Bennie went all out for today's game. Their living room was a sea of orange and black. Bengal paraphanalia was everwhere. Helium balloons of orange and black covered their cathedral ceilings. Streamers were everywhere; food and drink were in abundance. The stage was set for a barn burner game against our rivals the Pittsburgh Steelers. You cannot imagine the sadness that filled that room when Carson went down with a knee injury the second play of the game. Utter devastation. It was a sad day in Bengal Land. I guess it just wasn't meant to be this year. Can't wait for opening game next year.

In other news:

What do you do when you're so mad at someone and need to vent it and it doesn't feel safe to do it here? I have no anonymity here, obviously. I'm thinking I need to start another journal,a masked one, and just let it rip. Yep, I just convinced myself, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A private journal with a few close readers would probably do wonders for ya! or maybe even write a little poem about it ... or just write it down on paper in general ... that's what helps me! Hope that helps ya!

Sorry I have not been around your journal at all in december .... but now I'm back into the spring of things .... I'll try my best to keep up with journals now! :) Promise not to get too mad if I do get behind again?

Theresa

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about needing to vent.  I keep a private journal for that, but there are many times I'd like to blog about things that are bugging me - but, knowing who reads my journal, I can't - and that's a dilemma.

Judi