Thursday, November 10, 2005

Update on my matchmaking!!!

I swear if I jinx this I'll shoot myself. Remember when I wrote about the matchmaking that my friend, Michelle and I were doing with my son, Patrick and her cousin Amber? Well, it will be four weeks ago this Sunday. They are still dating. And they're seeing one another more every week. They went out last night and tonight.  Do you all have any idea the restraint I am using not to  bombard him with questions? Of course you don't, but trust me I have to literally bite my tongue. I so love her. She's perfect for him. She confided in Michelle that she really, really, really likes him. She likes him so much she's scared. I think he's feeling the same way. I'm so tickled about this I can't stand it. He's such a loving guy. He's such a good son to me. Everyone that knows him loves him. But he's been sooooo reluctant to get serious with anyone since his high school romance. He's always seemed to end up dating these bimbo type girls that end up being drama queens. They smother him, make demands and push way to hard. Amber isn't at all like any of them. The comment he keeps making  is "she's so easy to be with". I think he's afraid to believe she's for real. I think he's waiting for the drama to appear. From everything Michelle has told me about Amber, that is not going to happen. She's the real McCoy and this is truly how she is. I'll keep ya posted!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

....Ever visit a big city for the first time?  There is so much to see and do....you are afraid that you will miss something omportant, so you hire a guide.    Finding the one you will love and that will love you is just as daunting....that's why, sometimes, Love needs a guide!     Sounds like you have done a fine job in that!
Good Luck & Joy!     Marc :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marc, I certainly hope so. They are out again tonight. I sense a calm happiness in him lately. He's seemed to be missing something lately, and my mother's intuition tells me it's having a special girl in his life. As I said, he's a wonderful guy and I want so much for him to find the perfect girl to love and to love him in return. This just might be that girl.

Ya know that old saying.."you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". Well, Mom led him to the stream, it's up to him from here on out.  Everything in me is wanting to plunge his head into the water!!! LOL LOL LOL
But, I won't.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

This entry had me smiling.  "I so love her. She's perfect for him. "  What a good mom you are, and I know what you mean. My son Christopher has finally met a girl who is so good for him, and he for her, that as young as they are (Chris is 20 and Stephanie is 19) I am very happy for them.  They bring out the best in each other, and that's a beautiful thing to see, at any age.  

You've got to keep us posted about Patrick and Amber.

:)

Judi