Thursday, June 8, 2006

It rained (a lot) last night so I don't have to turn the hose on today!! Yippee!! Free water!

The photo above is of a planter of Babylon Red Verbena. Isn't it pretty! I love verbena and have it in red, purple, and white. You can't beat it for color and ease. Everyone needs a planter planted in Verbena! Yesterday's photo is Patio Blue Verbena and Licorice plant. I am always thrilled with the way those two plants look planted together. They intermingle and it is always  a stunning combination.

Work called yesterday afternoon as I was ready to leave for work and begged me to work day shift today and stay home last night. I didn't want to do it. I DO NOT DO MORNINGS WELL! But, as per my usual, I caved in and agreed to do it. I didn't sleep well at all last night for worrying that I wouldn't  hear the alarm at 5:30. Now I ask you, is that not an ungodly hour to get out of bed??? I woke up at 4:45 in a panic that I'd overslept. When I realized how early it was, I smiled and went back to sleep. And, you guessed it, when the alarm went off at 5:30 I had to hit the snooze button twice. Which meant that I had to hustle to get awake, showered, dressed and fed to be out the door by 6:20. So, today I was a day-shifter! The good thing about day shift is that you only have four patients as opposed to the six patients that we have on evening shift. It's amazing how much easier it is to take care of four patients. I was able to give all of my patients excellent care and still have time to eat lunch! Amazing. I don't think I could do it every day though. It's just not natural to be up and out of the house that stinkin' early. Not to mention that it's a $4.00 an hour pay cut. Nosiree, I'm an evening shift gal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!  Well, I'm sure it's no surprise to you that I'm not a morning person either!  I thought those were petunias in yesterday's pic, so maybe I need to go back to the optometrist!  :)

They sure are beautiful, though.

XO

Judi