Thursday, June 22, 2006

MY KIND OF MAIL!!!!

As usual, the mail came today. I usually hate to see the mail. I rarely get anything exciting. I love receiving the scrapbooking and gardening magazines that come, but the usual mail fodder is of the depressing ilk. Bills, bills, bills. Junk mail, junk mail, junk mail. But today, EUREKA!! I got something in my mail today like nothing I've ever received before. You know those chain letter things that make the rounds ever so often? The ones that say to send five, ten or twenty dollars to the person in position one and that in a few weeks you will receive something like $68,000. I've been tempted to try those, but with my luck I'd end up in jail for mail fraud. I've received some over the years that really tempted me; The Little Golden Book one, the tea towel one, and the post card one. For one reason or another I've never participated in these chains. But todays letter just cannot be ignored. I got really excited about this one. It's all about flip-flops!! My aunt sent me this one. There are two names and addresses listed on the letter along with their shoe size. I'm supposed to buy one pair of flip flops and mail them to the person in the first position. Then I delete that person's name and address and move the person in the second position (my aunt) up to the first position and add my name, address, and shoe size to the second position and send them out to six of my friends. I should receive 36 pairs of flip flops in my mailbox in the next couple of weeks. Now I ask you, what girl in her right mind would not try this? Ever the eternal optimist, I will purchase a pair of really cute flip flops tomorrow and drop them in the mail. Then I will send out my six letters and begin camping out at my mailbox. On second thought, I think I'll send out 12 letters. I'll let ya know how this turns out.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pic, and can't wait to hear how it turns out!

:)

Judi